Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Spirit of Giving...






Yesterday I received an early Christmas gift. A letter from the little girl I've been sponsoring in Guatemala. Opening up her letter was such a wonderful surprise. She's a nine year old little beauty. I remember when I saw her picture months back when I decided to become her sponsor, I prayed that the little I can do would be a big support to her in someway. And opening up her letter yesterday was such a blessing to me. I remember my husband telling me years ago that, "it's better to give than to receive." Many times we think receiving is better - but when you give to someone that possibly can never repay you, but you see how much of an impact you've helped make in their lives - that's one of the greatest blessings of all. Same as when Christ unselfishly gave His life for us. So in the words of my hubby, during this holiday season, give back to someone that may never be able to return the favor. Your blessing is in the giving.

- Khara

Love to Read? Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment