Monday, July 13, 2015

Savoring Everyday





My husband attended three funerals in just one week. WOW!!!! The reality of that once again reminded me of just how precious and temporal life is.  The saying is true "here today, gone tomorrow." For some people that may be a bit morbid - but it is the reality of life. Regardless of anyone's religions and or beliefs - most of us don't know when were are going to die. So we really should savor each and every day.

Trust me I know at times this can be hard. Because - yup, life and our duties get in the way. However this past week reminded me that I ought to take more time to cherish the people in my life and let them know how much I love and appreciate them. It takes just a minute or two to pick up the phone and call that family member or friend you haven't spoken to in a while. Again, I know the "I'll get to it soon" mentality. It's a struggle for me too. But I believe making a conscious effort would help. That is why creating memories with your love ones is so crucial. Death is not easy for those left behind to mourn. It's shocking, heartbreaking, numbing, and the list can go on. But leaving great memories behind I believe can help adsorb some of the pain of the loss.

Live each day like it's your last is a motto I hope to adopt - not that I want to go anywhere, anytime soon.


I hope you're enjoying your summer!


Check out these summer reads: HERE

- Khara

No comments:

Post a Comment