Monday, July 20, 2015

I Just Don't Want to Screw Them Up!





Parents, have you ever had this thought or even verbalized this kind of statement out loud? I just don't want to screw them up! Whew, parenting is so very hard. I constantly pray to God asking Him for his wisdom and guidance on how to be the parent he needs me and my husband to be for our children. To help us make the right decisions on schooling, their friends (who we can trust to allow them to hang out with), social media, safety, good manners - the list is endless. It's soooooooooo much! It can get so exhausting because it seems like you're NEVER on top of things. And when you add multiply kids in that mix - yeah it's an enormous responsibility.

Children are certainly a blessing - I believe that wholeheartedly. And as any parent wanting to steer and rear their children the right way - our jobs are constant. And no matter how hard we try - we probably are going to make a lot of mistakes. Yeah, that's the scary part. I know I'm probably gonna mess up at one point or another, but I hope I don't screw them up. I hope whatever mistakes I may make as a parent, it's nothing that would harm or give them some type of disadvantage for their future. That's why I'm constantly praying for God's discernment and wisdom and constantly praying over my children. The saying that "it takes a village to raise a child", I believe to be true. Family members and other trusted friends, teachers, etc all help in rearing our children in the right way. Isolating our children would be of a great disservice to them, I believe. And overly exposing them to all the things of world could have the same negative effect. There has to be a healthy balance in whatever approach we as parents decide to make for our children.

So from one parent to another - God bless on raising up your children in the way they should go.

    

- Khara

Check out these summer reads: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment