Monday, March 9, 2015

How to overcome in moments when I want to sell my kids and divorce my husband?





I know some of you read that title and were like - "yikes!" Well yeah, I have those moments and I'm sure I'm not the only one - let's keep it real shall we. I love my husband and my three children, however sometimes they work my last everlasting nerve. UGH!!!!!!! No I'm not feeling that way about them now - but I wanted to write this post because like I mentioned above a lot of us feel this way about our kids and or significant other at times - again it's not that we don't love them - it's just things be going on and sometimes all heck breaks loose and you become frustrated with all the responsibilities of life and home.

Raising children is one of the toughest jobs that I know of - especially if you're trying to raise your children to become healthy, productive, responsible adults. Duuuuudddeee - my mama made it look easy 'cause seriously I'm on my knees on a daily basis praying to God for grace and to be the mother He needs me to be for the three lives He's entrusted to me. It's scary and let's face it kids test our limits and that can become frustrating - on top of just the regular responsibilities of being a parent. Like seriously, why would a child think pouring juice into the XBOX would turn it into a fountain? So yeah - sometimes I want to ship my kids out somewhere so I can get a breather. But I know I can't allow the little rugrats to get the better of me. So again I pray! Don't get me wrong, my kids are great. I'm proud of the job I've done with them so far and I hope I continue to do right by them. It's just sometimes it can be extremely overwhelming.

Marriage, dating, long-term relationships take work too - especially if you want to maintain and or establish a healthy, loving bond with your mate. And, just like kids - your significant other can test your patience - yeah it goes both ways. But for the sake of making me look good - let's just say he gives me more problems than I give him. That's a lie - but I'm sticking with making me look good regardless. Anyhoo, sometimes trying to make things work, meeting each other half way, actively and humbly being considerate of each other's needs can be tough. Even when you love each other, our selfish tendencies of everything being all about me, me, me could rear it's ugly head, which is a recipe for disasters in any relationship. This could lead to problems - among other things. Again in this situation I have to sit back and evaluate myself - am I the problem? What can I do differently? Etc, etc. Sometimes the problem could be you when all we're doing is pointing the finger at the other person. This is just one issue I'm bringing up - but all in all, whatever the issues, taking a step back and evaluating things helps a lot. Also verbalizing what is needed works too. I know what some of you may be saying though - "I tell them all the time, blah, blah, blah." Trust me, been there done that, I could write a book. Hey I just may do that. LOL.

All in all try to find positive ways not to become a raving lunatic. I bet my hubby and kids look at me sometimes thinking - 'this chick head's about to explode.' Oh and when my Bahamian accent starts kicking in thickly - they know when it's time to get their acts together. (But why they got to wait for all that to happen - right? Ugh!)

I still don't have it all together guys - everyday is a learning process and more time on my knees, So pray for me as I pray for you.

- Khara

1 comment:

  1. I love your honesty and I have been going through this with my significant other as well. Although I don't have kids I too can feel the same way. Nice to know that I am not the only one.

    ReplyDelete