While fathers certainly love all their children, it sure seems that more dads spend a lot more time with their sons. Perhaps they think that they have more in common with their boys, or maybe they are a little intimidated by the girls.
But with a little more understanding, fathers can feel just as comfortable around their daughters as they do their sons. It is certainly important for fathers to connect with their daughters. Family research suggests that daughters who have secure and loving relationships with their fathers:
- Have better grades in school
- Feel better about themselves
- Are more assertive without being aggressive
- Feel more confident in relationships with men in general
- Are more likely to be admitted to graduate school and get a degree
So what can a father do to create a loving and secure relationship with his daughter?
Read more of the article here: http://fatherhood.about.com/od/daughersanddads/a/daughters.htm
Novel Not My Will now available on Amazon, Kindle, Paperback, Barnes and Noble, Nook, GooglePlay and ITunes.