Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Kids - you love em to pieces, but sometimes they stress you out!



I'm a mommy of three children - ages 3, 9 and 11 and I love being a mother! It is a very rewarding job, but also one of the hardest and I have had days when I've held my head and asked God to continue to bless me with grace because without it I don't know how I could make it. Yes I'm keeping it real and I'm sure I'm not the only mother or parent for that matter that has experienced this.  Kids are such a blessing from God (but boy oh boy I've had moments when I thought they were a curse - lol). Wanting to make the right decisions for your kids and not screw them up is what makes part of the job of parenting tough along with their stubbornness and backtalk when they are old enough to truly voice their opinions. Why don't they just obey us, huh? Like we're the adults they're the kids, we are older and wiser and they should just listen and we won't have a problem.  That seems so logical - right? But nooooooooooo, sometimes kids have to make things tough by doing their own things instead of listening to reason. But then again there are those moments when the battle of parent and kids have ceased and parenting is less stressful. You experience life through the eyes of your children. You revel in their accomplishments and new experiences and you have so much pride in the children you are raising. These moments are the best!  See I already made you forget about the stress I mentioned earlier, huh?  Such is life though, we've got to take the good with bad and make the best of it.

In honor of Mother's Day May 11th what is one memorable experience of parenting you have had?  I will draw names of all those who reply (leave first name and last initial) for a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card. (There will be two winners). Names will be drawn May 8th and Posted here. Gift cards will be sent by email.



May 8th - AND THE WINNERS ARE.....


Winners please email me at writergal at Comcast.net
(use @ sign and there are no spaces in between)

-Khara

Novel Not My Will now available on Kindle, Nook, Paperback, GooglePlay and ITunes.

13 comments:

  1. The best memory lately was laying in my daughters bed and just talking to her before she went to bed. It reminded me of how my mother and I do that now and in the past. We talked about friends moving, how things will be different, and she sweetly told me how she thought I looked young for my age. When it was time to leave her room she begged me to stay and told me how much she loved just talking with me.

    Reflecting on this is a treasure for my heart. We have rough days and we argue and butt heads but at the end of the day we have fruitful loving conversations and that is what soothes my heart. So blessed with the children God gifted me.


    Happy Mother's Day,
    M. Hill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so sweet M. Hill, those precious moments are very important!

      Delete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you and everyone who posts!

    I was sitting down watching the news with my son once; it was one of those days where teenagers were dominating the news, and not in a good way. First, there was a story about some teenagers wanted for a home invasion and murder, there was another story on about how some teenagers had broken into a store, robbed, and beat up the owner. Followed by that was a story about some kids who were joyriding, and wrecked the car they were in, and died immediately. I remember reaching for the remote, and turning the TV off. My son grabbed my hands, looked into my eyes, and said, "Mommy, thank you so much for each and every time you disciplined, punished and scolded me. If you hadn't done that, I could have been one of those kids we just saw on the news." All I could do was sit there, and cry like a baby. You know you've done something right in your life, when your child thanks you for doing the very things that made them you think you were a monster when they were growing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Love, Love, Love that!!! yes...you are doing something right...keep up the GREAT job! Parenting is the hardest, most rewarding job ever. Thank God we can actually see our children grow into something great!

      LM

      Delete
    2. WOW, that does show the great job you are doing as a mom. Sometimes our kids don't understand why we make certain decisions for their lives, but its great when they finally do come to realize why.

      Delete
  3. One of the most memorable (proudest) moment I’ve had as a parent is my daughter's participation in the National American Miss pageant. Beginning at the age of 11 (despite her fears and anxiety), she gave speeches on stage, played the piano, and sang in front of hundreds of people. Specifically, I remember her playing and singing the Alicia Keys song “If I Ain't Got you.” She did a phenomenal job in spite of her being very nervous. Another year at the same pageant, she sang and played John Legend “Ordinary People, and Beethoven's “Fur Elise.” I am so very proud of the young woman she is becoming… confident, beautiful, intelligent, and wise beyond her years.

    Lisa M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I know her personally and I must say I am very proud of the young woman she is becoming, that is a HUGE compliment to you!

      Delete
  4. as a sister, i had to take on the responsibity of raising my sister. She was 15 at the time and now she is 23. shes about to graduate from college on saturday. I may not be her mother but i am as proud as a mother could be .

    kim b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome that you were able to be that mother figure in your sister's life. For her to be graduating from college as well shows the important part you've played in her life. Congrats to you both on her graduation!

      Delete
  5. I was ill in bed and asked my eight year old son to fix himself breakfast in the kitchen. I always made breakfast for him and this would be his first time making a meal on his own but I was in pain and could not move. I heard the sound of plates, utensils and other noises coming from the kitchen so I went back to sleep thinking he was alright with getting something to eat.

    Minutes later I woke up to him calling my name. He was holding a plate with a peanut butter sandwich and crackers. He said, "This is for you mom. I am going to make mine now."

    Nicole B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sooooo sweet! He wanted to make sure that mommy was taken care of first. :-) You can beat moments like that.

      Delete
  6. I have very fond memories of being a mom. All of my biological children are young adults now. My sister passed away this March and I am now raising her 14 year old son. He always says "I love you TT" whenever he gets a chance. But a few days ago he said "I love you Ma" and it made my heart smile. That moment made me feel as if I am doing something right, if he called me 'ma" and I hope I am making my sister proud. LOVE YOU BRI !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry for you loss. It is great that you are able to be the mother figure in your nephew's life and for him to call you mom means you are doing a great job - this is very commendable of you. I bet your sister is very proud of you both.

      Delete