Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My First Book Signing for my debut novel Not My Will




I had my first book signing for my debut novel Not My Will this past weekend in Miami, Florida for Jazz in the Garden and I have to say that it was better than what I thought it would be.  The first event was at the Women's Impact Conference on Friday and Saturday we were at Sun Life Stadium for the concert. I was nervous about readers not being interested for one: I'm a new author and two: I thought they may not like the synopsis.  I was however pleasantly surprised.  Readers were very receptive and some related to the story line which was inspired by my own experience years ago. Also some readers were even shocked to have me and the other Delphine Publications authors there in person actually signing a copy of the book they held.  I also received positive feedback from my new readers, one such as this that was left on my publishers Facebook page:



This made my day!  I was so blessed by my new readers being excited about my book and in turn I was blessing them as well.  I can't fully explain how great that feels.  I'd dreamt of publishing a novel for years and here I am many years later fulfilling that desire that was in and to have people excited and blessed by my work is just the icing on the cake.  I'm in this for the long haul, I have a lot of work ahead of me and I look forward to the journey.  Thank you for sharing in my experience!

2 comments:

  1. Nice write-up! Being able to write creatively is something not all of us are capable of. Count yourself blessed because you have a talent. Getting into the mood in writing does not have a set of rules to follow. ‘To each his own’ is what people say; however, a list of suggestions wouldn’t hurt.how to write a novel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy Lou Complies with the particular Bully would be the sixth guide inside sequence, The particular Adventures associated with Lucy Lou. Lucy Lou and her mum move to metropolis to live on along with Lucy Lou’s grandmother, whoever title will be Lizzy. She's today inside sixth quality and also the new university 12 months will be quickly to commence. The primary couple weeks proceed easily and jane is savoring her new university and friends. A whole new university student enrolls inside university and Lucy Lou learns regarding her intimidation. Following 2 or 3 days, that takes place to help her. The particular bully visits her inside area and dares her to tell. What goes on yearly 7 days may amaze anyone. It truly is an account associated with consideration and forgiveness and repentance and tolerable. Obviously, Jhoney, the particular ghost, really does his / her element to create items appropriate. It is a tale for everyone ages. Following looking over this tale, about the bully, your health will be for a long time changed.life long earner

    ReplyDelete