Sunday, December 15, 2013

12 Prayers for Christmas (better yet every day!)


 



1.    Prayer for God’s continued grace to wake up each morning and to start a new day in Him and to fulfill His purpose and plan for my life. (Lamentations 3:22-24)

2.    Prayer for perfect health and strength. That there is no aliment in my body and I am physically able to do ALL which God has called me to do. (Isaiah 53:5)

3.    Prayer for my thoughts to be His thoughts and my ways to be His ways.  It’s so easy for my mind, actions and the words from my mouth to stray away from God, especially with all that goes on in life.  So my prayer is for my thoughts, actions and words to be more of a reflection of the God I serve. (Psalms 19:14)

4.    Prayer to be a better mother to my children. I pray that I love, nurture, protect, educate, discipline and be a better example of Christ to my children.  I am thankful for the opportunity to be a mother to my children, so I pray that I do a great job with the lives God has put in my care. (Proverbs 31)

5.    Prayer to be a better wife to my husband.  I pray that I am the wife God needs me to be for my husband.  I pray that I am his helpmeet. That I lift him up and not tear him down and that my husband feels God’s love through me. (Proverbs 31)

6.    Prayer that I always hear and obey the voice of God.  Even when my flesh doesn’t want to, I pray that I always yield to God. I am His sheep and He is my Shepherd. (John 10:27)
 
7.    Prayer for wisdom.  I pray that I always use God’s wisdom in everything that I do.  His advice will never lead me astray. (James 1:5)

8.    Prayer for holy boldness to act on God’s behalf.  To walk by faith and accomplish what He wants me to do. (Deuteronomy 31:6)

9.    Prayer to always keep my eyes fixed on God.  Even with the trials of life, the temptations to throw in the towel and to give up on my faith, I pray that I always look to Jesus. (Psalms 121)

10. Prayer for patience to wait on God’s perfect timing and to not get discouraged. Like most people, when I pray for something I expect it immediately, but sometimes that is not God’s will. It may not be what He wants for us, the timing is wrong or the wait is part of cultivating our faith. (Isaiah 40:31)

11. Prayer that I use the gifts and talents that God has given me for His glory and not for my selfish gain. (1 Peter 4:10)

12. Prayer that I truly pray these prayers and allow God’s will to be done in my life. (Jeremiah 29:11)

 Khara Campbell author of debut novel "Not My Will" releasing March 4th 2014.  Available now for preorder on Amazon.com, ebook will be available as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment