Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Take me to the King!

I really love this song: "Take me to the King" sung by Tamela Mann.  The words are so true to me when I am feeling hopeless and depression from whatever situation I may be facing tries to seep in and keep me in a constant state of feeling defeated.  Sometimes I don't feel like praying even though my soul cries out to the Lord.  Sometimes I don't feel like getting up and carry on with my day when all I feel like doing is hiding, wanting to be swallowed up or to just vanish and reappear when all is well.  One of the things I like about this song is that it reminds me of the Woman with the issue of blood in the bible (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+8%3A43-48&version=KJV) Luke 8:43-48, she spent twelve years being shunned upon because of her endless period, people at that time thought she was unclean because of it, because quite frankly any woman on their monthly cycle at that time was considered unclean and was put away for at least seven days.  So imagine, this woman was isolated from family and friends for twelve years.  But she didn't give up hope!  She was desperate to see the King - Jesus.  She knew if she could just touch the hem of his garment that she would be healed.  And this song reminds me of this, confirms in me that no matter what just take me to Jesus and everything will be alright.  I pray that I never lose my desperation for Jesus, no I don't want to live a life of constant trials and tribulations (though I know these in my life are inevitable), but during the good and the bad, I want to always be desperate for my King.

No comments:

Post a Comment