Monday, July 1, 2013

Back to life, back to reality!

Why does it ALWAYS feel like you need a vacation from the vacation and was it really a vacation when little kids are in tow?  I'm just asking; but I did have a great time with my family and I'm also happy to get back into my daily routine.

After this trip however, I strongly believe that people with kids should have two vacations - one with and without the kids because honey-child-please, with kids in tow its still WORK!  And I was the woman with the 2 year old on the plane (along with my 10 and 8 year old). Yeah you guys know, the moment I walk on the plane with my 2 year old everyone goes "there goes a peaceful flight".  At least that's what it feels like.  And then my two hour flight feels like eternity because I am doing all I can to distract my rambunctious toddler: movie, coloring, counting, saying ABC, promising a big lollipop when we get off the plane, praying to Jesus to speed up the arrival, making the sounds of animals, feeding her, making happy face in her hand with the lotion(she got a kick out of this for some reason)...  I seriously needed a nap after that flight.  She just could not understand why she had to be seated for longer than ten minutes and then I had heartache thinking about having to repeat the same scenario weeks later.  Thankfully on the trip back she slept, to say I was beyond thankful is an understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment