Friday, June 21, 2013

Homesick already and I haven't left yet.


I was sitting on the back porch with my mummy this morning drinking tea and enjoying the cool Bahamas breeze, I live for moments like these - spending quality time with my mummy.  At that moment I felt how much I am going to miss these moments when I leave in a few days to head back to the US.  I hear my siblings retell stories of funny things that have happened while I wasn't there and I feel jealous that I didn't experience those moments with them.  Yes we talk on the phone and video chat online - but there is nothing like being right there in the flesh.  Now I'm not saying that I don't love my life in the US, I just wish I can have both - my Bahamas family and my US family all together and I won't have to miss out on precious moments like births, graduations, performances, weddings and other milestones of life.  But all in all, I am thankful for the life God has given me and my family and friends that are in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment