Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Maryland Crab Soup

I tried this recipe last night and it was delicious!  I've been sick with a sinus infection so I am a little congested and felt like eating soup for dinner, plus I also had another container of crab meat that I got from Nick's of Clinton that I wanted to do something with so I found this recipe.  It is really easy (which I love) and it didn't take long to cook either.  If you are a soup and or a crab person this is worth a try on your weekly dinner menu.
 
MARYLAND CRAB SOUP
Email this Recipe
Helping seafood everywhere reach its full flavor potential.
A mix of hearty vegetables and fresh lump crabmeat, Maryland Crab Soup reminds us of meals in mom’s kitchen, when the smell of blue crabs and OLD BAY® filled the entire house. This recipe serves ten loved ones.

Ingredients
1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, cut into small pieces
3 cups water
2 cups beef broth
1 cup lima beans, frozen
1 cup baby carrots, sliced
1 cup yellow sweet corn, frozen
2 tablespoons McCormick® Chopped Onions
1 tablespoon OLD BAY® Seasoning
1 pound crabmeat

Directions
Combine tomatoes, water, broth, lima beans, carrots, corn, onions and OLD BAY in 4-quart saucepan.

Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.Add crabmeat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment