Sunday, April 28, 2013

Single Moms, I salute you!




I salute all you hardworking single moms taking care of your kids without the fathers being primarily in the home.  I am married and it's TOUGH, so I know that it is really hard for you all.  I was raised by a single mother, so I know first hand.  One of the things I appreciate about being married is not having the burden of making all of the decisions.  I don't have to worry about getting the car fixed or inspected.  When something is broken and needs to be repaired or replaced like the furnance or AC I don't have to deal with fixing it or having to make the calls to get it done. Also, I don't have to figure out how to raise my son to be a man - his dad can teach him far more than I can. But as a single parent - the burdens all on you and it can be overwhelming, but you ladies take care of business and get it all done.  That takes amazing grace and strength and I want you to know that you are appreciated.  You stepped up to the plate because you had no other choice, you lean on the assistance of other relatives and friends and you do the best you can with what you've got - really thats all we all can do.  I know it's tough being a single parent - but the reward is knowing that you are doing your best to raise your children. So take a bow - you deserve to.

Thank you mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment