Saturday, March 16, 2013

What was I thinking?




Have you ever looked backed on your past and thought or said "what the heck was I thinking?" Maybe your expression was different than mine, but none the less, have you surveyed your past actions, desires, dreams and today you are so thankful that you didn't go through with it or you got out before it was too late? When I think about some of the things I wanted to do in my teens I have to pray to Jesus, call my mom, and just say thank you for stepping in and putting some sense in my head. Of course some of the things I wanted to do I didn't because I didn't have the money: like getting a tattoo on my neck because it looked cool at the time, apparently it still is, but I'm glad I didn't do it and I'm glad I was broke! As a business professional today the look is not good.   I also remember being so obsessed with boyfriends or guys I secretly had crushes on wanting to marry them one day and have kids - oh my, dodged some bullets there. I remember there were also some immature and compromising decisions I had made and was contemplating making based on wanting to please others instead of putting my feelings and beliefs first. I thank God for growth and maturity and having positive influences in my life otherwise I would still be thinking immaturely and unwisely.  I can’t say that I always make wise decisions now, because I’m still learning and growing and trusting God through the process, but I am so thankful my thought process isn’t the same as it was a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment