Thursday, March 28, 2013

Don't settle for just achieving "the good life"





I am reading "The Purpose Driven Life - What on Earth Am I Here for?" expanded edition by Rick Warren for the second time.  I read the original version "Purpose Drive Life" years ago when it first came out, but like any book, you get something new out of it every time you read it.  I was reading Day 30 last night and I read this passage that I wanted to share with you:

"Don't settle for just achieving "the good life", because the good life is not good enough.  Ultimately it doesn't satisfy.  You can have a lot to live on and still have nothing to live for.  Aim instead for the "better life" - serving God in a way that expresses your heart.  Figure out what you love to do - what God gave you a heart to do - and then do it for His glory."

I thought this was such a great statement worthy of sharing. I hope you have figured out or will figure out what it is you truly love to do and have the courage to go and do it.  It's never too late and sometimes our biggest opposition are ourselves so don't stand in the way of your joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment