Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Why is forgiveness so hard sometimes?



God’s word commands us to forgive.   Forgiveness is not just to release the offender from the offence, but to also release us from the hurt, bitterness, ill feelings, hatred, that we carry around.  What do you find as the most challenging aspect about forgiveness? – For me, overcoming the sting of the memory.  It takes a while for the sting to go away, but the freshness of the offence makes it very difficult. What makes it hard too?   If that person is a part of my daily life.  Now talk about finding STRENGTH to have to deal with them on a regular basis. That’s when I really have to dig deep and rely on my faith in Jesus to help me to walk in love.  It’s definitely a process; sometimes it really feels like I have an angel on my right shoulder and the devil on my left.  And the devil does win sometimes and that person will know just how I REALLY feel about what they did.  But I am thankful that the love of God is planted within me and I eventually do the right thing, even when my flesh doesn’t want to.  What a relief it is though not to carry that hurt around, it’s so worth that uncomfortable stage of forgiveness in the beginning. 

Read a passage about forgiveness here:
 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+6%3A14-15&version=AMP

No comments:

Post a Comment