Monday, February 11, 2013

What's for dinner this week?

What’s for dinner this week?
For 7 months now I have been faithful in planning my family’s weekly meals. I NEVER thought I would have made it one week, let alone 7 months but it is quite beneficial. For one MAJOR reason, it saves us a lot of money. We use to eat out about four times a week on top of spending money weekly on groceries, so you can see we were WASTING money. Don’t get me wrong it is not easy every night cooking dinner – I have three young kids, I work doing admin for my personal business and another business. Drop offs/pickups, homework, afterschool activities, and errands makes running to a fast food joint very appealing and it’s so, so convenient. But it’s not worth throwing my hard earned money down the drain. A home cooked meal can average $2 a person if you plan/shop right versus eating out at an average of $7 a person on the low side. And guess what I am doing with all that money I save from not eating out? I apply it to paying off debt. I don’t know about you, but being debt free is a dream I plan to make a reality. So this is one of the ways that will help me get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment