Thursday, February 28, 2013

Obsessed with Scandal




 I am absolutely obsessed with the TV show SCANDAL.  This show is so deliciously intriguing.  There is something about the “forbidden” theme of this show that has me sucked in like a dormant character, the phone on Olivia Pope’s desk or the pin on President Fitz Grant’s lapel.  I feel like I am a part of this show in some way by how engrossed I get into it.  Thursday night is MY TV night.  I don’t get a chance to watch much TV, but I reserve Thursday just for me.  There’s Grey’s Anatomy at 9pm and then Scandal at 10pm.  I even make the kids go to bed a little earlier, just so when 9pm rolls around I have no distractions.

I love the romance between Olivia and Fitz.  If you haven’t watched the show, Fitz is the President of the United States and Olivia is a “fixer”, she fixes high profile people’s scandalous life (based on a real life character, but I don’t think her job involved moving dead bodies like Olivia, or I hope not – yikes!).  So anyway, Fitz is having an affair with Olivia, and yes I don’t condone this behavior in real life, but boy oh boy their romance is so hot and steamy you just want them to find a way to be together.  And besides, Fitz and his wife Mellie’s relationship is so nonexistent you wonder how and why they got married in the first place.

So aside from Olivia and Fitz’s romance there are also all the scandalous activities going on: the murders, the vote rigging, the attempted assassination of the President and all the “dirty little secrets”.  This show is definitely my guilty pleasure.  Thank you Shonda Rhimes, I want to be like you one day!

If you haven’t watched this show yet and want to, I suggest starting from the beginning first then catch-up to where things are now, that way you have a better understanding of the characters and that you don’t miss all the juiciness.

WATCH SCANDAL HERE:

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This has to be one of the best shows on TV now. I'm glad you love it as much as I do.

      Delete